Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

iTunes is a Time-Machine

One is so focussed on using iTunes for new stuff. I have been using it the same way I used to make 4 or 5 cassettes a year with songs taped from the radio ... a running inventory on the hits & stuff of the moment. I do the same with iTunes: by the end of the year I'll have a 2009-list that will be bétter than the 2009 compilations I won't have to buy anymore. Recently I started using iTunes very differently and as the iTunes offering expands it gets even more fun: downloading old stuff. From ages ago, stuff I only have on vinyl. A lot of the times Very Old Stuff has been digitally remastered and sounds even better than it used to do. Right now I'm listening to the digitally remastered Venus & Mars by McCartney & Wings, a record my sister had somewhere mid-70's. Nostalgia! And it still sounds great (and after 30 odd years I still now it by heart)

No comments: