Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Lijit Wijit.


Look to the left uppercorner of this blog. There is a search box. It's not just a search box, it's a lijit-searchbox. 'It does site search, but it does it better' or somesuch. The idea however is cool: Lijit gathers info from my site, my social content and content from my network. Someone searching for, let's say, the future of the web would not only find my stuff on this site but also my tweets and those of my Twitter friends and the tweets I follow.

The fact that I never heard of them doesn't exactly count in my favor .. apparantly they've been active quite some time already.... and burning some amazing amounts of money as well in the meantime.

I actually stumbled on it while reading an old Chris Anderson blogpost on Long Tails. And as we Dutch speaking cybernauts are very familiar with the 'wij' part of the word wijit my first reaction was to think I had found something weird & local. ('Wij' means 'us'). I apologize :-)

No comments: