Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Why, that's a cool newspaper you've got there

These developments always make me smile. We announce the Death of Newspapers (or rather: most newspapers do that themselves) but when we've got a fine new communication tool, someone suddenly feels the need to take that tool, in this case Twitter, and build a .... newspaper app.

Check out Paper.li, aiming at taking your Twitter feeds and aggregating them in some kind of newspaper look & feel. I'm not sure I follow that completely, I don't get a 'wow! newspaper' feel when I look at it but the idea is nice. The 'newspaper feel' 's actually more visual when you click on one of the proposed feeds in this alpha version.

For those of you who are not sure what the .li domain stands for: it's not Lithuania but Liechtenstein. Yes, even in Liechtenstein, there is Internet. Maybe even tax-free Internet. They even have a portal site.

No comments: